Have you heard about water lentils yet? If not, you are in for a treat (promise… no pun intended!).
Water lentils are a relatively new plant-based food to hit the Western health food world. Not only are these aquatic plants incredibly nutrient-rich on a variety of fronts, allergen-friendly, and digestive-system compatible, but they claim to be one of the only plant-based, all-natural, bioavailable sources of vitamin B12. If you still want to know more, check out this post.
Water lentils come in a dried powder form that can be easily mixed into smoothies, baked goods or simply just added to water.
This recipe is amazing for more than just the chocolate! It’s raw and unprocessed, high in plant base protein, high in fiber, contains no refined sugar and… high in B12! YAY!
Is your sweet tooth ready?
– 1 cup almond butter
– 1/2 cup cashews, preferably soaked
– 1/2 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
– 1 scoop water lentil powder
– 5 dates
– 3 tbsp maple syrup (optional but it makes it a bit sweeter)
Optional: walnuts and/or pecans
1. Grind cashews in a food processor. Once ground up, add all other ingredients to a food processor and blend together.
2. Line baking tin with parchment paper.
3. Spread an even layer of mixed ingredients onto the parchment paper
4. Top with walnuts or pecans (optional).
5. Chill overnight. Cut up into squares and dig in!
For more delicious recipes, check out the SourceBody video resource center!